I remember this one time I was having a few rounds of beer with my friends Jon and Marck somewhere in Metrowalk when the conversation suddenly made a sharp curve onto “Jologs Avenue.” I was shocked but delighted to learn that they had a jologs side, too. And it made me wonder if my friend Icang was right when she said, “we all have the Jologs factor.”
I am a hodgepodge.
My personality is a mixture of a wide variety of traits and tastes. For example, my taste in music. I appreciate pretty much anything. As in anything. One time, you see me listening to Vanessa Mae; the next minute I’m humming Kylie Minogie’s Locomotion or Nelly Furtado’s Say It Right. Give it an hour, I’m belting out a Basil Valdez ballad or an Aegis classic. Haha.
When it comes to food, I enjoy gourmet food. But if you drag me to the nearest fishball stall, I’ll gorge on street foods nang walang patumangga.
My interests range from a bit highbrow to downright jologs! And I’m proud of it. Haha. And I admire those people who are not ashamed to free their jologs alter-ego every once in a while.
- One of my friends, Aila, may be one of the most conio-looking Atenean in the world. She has this conio aura. But heck, she used to watch “Ang Pangarap Kong Jackpot.”
- Another buddy, Marck, translates English songs to Tagalog (and vice versa) whenever he’s bored, which is like every day of his life.
- RJ will introduce your jaws to the floor once he enumerates his crushes — Jean Saburit, Jennifer Mendoza, Shirley Fuentes, Bunny Paras, Tina Paner!
And me, well, I have more than my share. It’s innate. In fact, everything I touch magically becomes jolog-ish. Haha. Here are some of my J-Facts (jologs factors).
- I love Claudine Barretto and Judy Ann Santos.
- I love Nikki Gil. She’s good. Her first album is fantastic.
- John Lloyd-Bea forever!
- I love Jessa Zaragoza. Wahahaha. (cue: Bakit Ako Mahihiya – Eva Fonda OST)
- Fan ako ni Donna Cruz (Kapag tumibok ang puso…) at Manilyn Reynes (Sayang na sayang lang…).
- I watched almost every contemporary Kapamilya teleserye that graced the boob tube (including Familia Zaragoza)
- Ginagaya ko dati ang sayaw ng UMD (Universal Motion Dancers). Memorised ko pa yung names nilang lahat noon. Full names ha!
- Pinanood ko yung Kiss Mo ‘Ko at Honey, My Love, So Sweet starring Dingdong Dantes and Antoinette Taus tsaka Polo Ravales and Sunshine Dizon. Hehehe. Sinama kasi ako ng pinsan ko! (Defensive pa oh, haha)
- Pinanood ko rin ang Isprikitik Walastik Kung Pumitik, Habababadoo Putiputipoo at I Do I Die Dyos ko Day starring Serena Dalrymple
- Ginagaya ko dati ang Gwapings! Si Mark Anthony Fernandez ang paborito ko nun.
- Na-enjoy ko dati yung mga Marvin-Jolina movies. “Oh yes kaibigan mo ako. Kaibigan mo LANG ako. And I’m so stupid to make the biggest mistake of falling in love with my bestfriend!” Waaah. Ambaduy but I lovet. Haha.
- Bumoto ako kay Mikee Lee and Robi Domingo sa PBB Teen Edition Seasons 1 & 2.
- Ikamamatay ko kung hindi ko mami-meet si Sarah Geronimo bago ako mamatay. Haha.
- Nanonood ako ng ASAP at The Buzz every Sunday. Hahaha.
- Ang hot ni Gerald Anderson at John Pratts para saken.
- Ang hot, hot, hot ni Dennis Trillo at Sam Milby para saken.
- J’adore Boy Bands. Westlife ATW! Westlife FTW! “But if I let you go, I will never know what my life would be holding you close to me…”
- Tsaka 98 Degrees “You’re my sunshine after the rain. You’re the cure against my fear and my pain…”
- 911! “Don’t go changin’ rearrangin’. Hold on to the love sensation…”
- Michael Learns to Rock rocks! Haha. “Boy I miss your kisses all the time but this is 25 minutes too late…”
- Napapakanta ako ng F4 songs kahit hindi ko naiintindihan at hindi kabisado ang lyrics.
- I believe that Sharon Cuneta has a great discography. “Balutin mo ako sa hiwaga ng iyong pagmamahal…”
- I radiate happiness whenever I see Claire Dela Fuente (cue: Sayang, ngayon lang tayo nagkatagpo…” at Eva Eugenio “Kayrami nang matang pinaluha…” at Imelda Papin (Lunes nang tayo’y magkakilala…) perform on TV.
- Sinasayaw ko nung nasa Grade School ako yung “I saw the sign…” tsaka “Raga muffin girl” tsaka “Ecstasi, Ecstano” tsaka “Aringkingkingking…” hahaha
- Fishballs! Kikiam! Kwek-kwek! Bring it on!
- Kaya kong mabuhay sa kanin at bagoong alamang lang.
- Bentang benta saken yung si kukuru-kuku ng Love Radio. Hahaha. Lagi ko sya naririnig pag nasa bus ako.
In fairness saken, hindi ako nanonood ng Wowowee. Minsan lang. Hehe.
Shocks, ang showbiz naman ng Jologs factor ko. Frak. Haha. Pero halas lahat ng ito ay bahagi na ng aking nakaraan. Haha.
Sigurado ako may J-Facts din kayo. Umamin na! Umamin na!
image courtesy of abante-tonite.com, regalfilms.com, titikpilipino.com, tesco.com