From Gay

And by “gaiety,” I mean “gay life.” GAY life. Got that?

I Prefer It Free, Sorry

The other week, my self-esteem was crushed by a small piece of paper. I was fixing my bag outside a convenience store in Tagaytay City when somebody gave me a piece of paper with a short note on it. Without looking at the stranger and the paper, I pocketed the note and expected the guy to leave me alone. Unfortunately for me, he was there for business. “Massage, sir? I can massage you, sir, while you’re here in Tagaytay,” the stranger said. “No, thanks,” I declined. “I’m on my way back to Manila.” I was still busy trying to put…

Hot AND Gay

“What’s wrong with me?” cried Celine, a friend and colleague. Moments earlier, she mastered the art of using all the functional muscles on her face to signal that there was a hot, goodlooking male behind me. Drowning in excitement and a deadly sin, she watched the guy behind me like she was ready to mate. “Yeah,…

It Gets Better. So FCKH8!

Something beautiful happened over the weekend. Last Sunday afternoon, October 24, 2010, members of Gay Men’s Chorus of Los Angeles (GMCLA), along with their friends and supporters, came together at Immanuel Presbyterian Church in Los Angeles to work on a project. They were to touch lives with the best way they knew — singing. That afternoon, they produced this incredible video.

The Writings on the Wall: Funny Posters around the Philippines

Sometimes when we feel so alone and sad, all we need to do is look around us. Many times, the things that will make us happy and forget all our problems for a moment are just around the corner, written or posted on a wall somewhere. I was organizing my gallery when I stumbled upon some old photos that really made me ROTL. I took these pictures at different places across the country and  with the intention of blogging about them but they kind of slipped my mind. Good thing I love organizing files in my laptop. PLEASE BEAR WITH…

The Winding Road

“I think you’re 80% straight.” I was startled by these ridiculous words from my friend Chemae. We were walking back to the cottage at a resort in my hometown in Batangas. The conversation went like this: Yoshke: Well, that remaining 20% makes me totally gay. 1% can make someone gay, you know. Chemae: I think in time, you’ll go straight again. Yoshke: You think so? I doubt that. Chemae: Aila (our common friend) warned me about you. Yoshke: Warned you about me? Chemae: She thinks you’re just pretending to be gay when you are really straight. Wahahaha. That was officially…

My Achy-Breaky-Flirty Tonsils

The past few weeks have been a bitch-ass on me. I struggled with tonsilitis, giving me hellish fever and excruciating time eating. For two weeks, I couldn’t get out of bed. The only time I went out of the house was when I decided to see a doctor. After all, this was my fourth tonsilitis this year and my usual meds didn’t seem to work this time. Ah, damn illness loves me so. Since our family doctor was somewhere in the South celebrating summer, I chose to visit a hospital. My mum went with me and yes, I let her…

Let’s Talk Pink

Everybody keeps noticing my light pink earphones lately. And they’ve been tormenting me, telling me so blatantly how GAY it is of me to actually own them. Well, I AM gay. So, what’s their problem?! I don’t get it. # # # Last weekend I was with two of my close friends. When Girl (obviously, name changed to protect our friendship, hehe) showed up, my initial reaction was look at Boy. His face was just as sour as mine. We then smiled, almost laughing. It’s because of Girl’s get-up. Girl was wearing a violent pink top and a sky blue skirt. So when Girl went to…